I hear that you are looking for some help...

Topics: Request for Membership
Developer
Jun 14, 2006 at 3:45 AM
Hi Mike,

I think I may be able to fill the "Another experienced and passionate VSTS/TFS proponent", at least so far as version control and build are concerned. Failing that, I guarantee that I can be "another person just interested in the project all the way around".

So, how about it?

-Steve St.Jean

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2006 at 4:06 AM
Hi Steve,

Yes. I don't know why I didn't think of you to begin with? Let me get all my ducks in a row and we'll get this kicked off. I think I'll have the base team together in the next 3-4 days.

This is not to discourage the community at large from contributing for envisioning, desires, code reviews etc.

Developer
Jun 15, 2006 at 2:30 AM
I'm also interested in helping out, although my current professional responsibilities will likely limit me to occasional coding and review tasks. A bit more about me at http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?EricWilleke

Need references?
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2006 at 11:05 AM
Here is my suggestion on helping out...

The plan currently for adding developers is to go slow. All envisioning, design and communication will occur publicly via the wiki, and discussion groups so jump right in. Then as we progress those that have the availability and have been particpating and can fill a role will be added in as developers for actual source code access and modification. Drops of the code for review etc will occur at every promotion so that anyone can contribute even if you don't have direct access to the source repository. This allows for as many people to participate as desired in offering refactoring submissions, test cases, bug fixes, new code etc, but still have some manageable control over code changes and again a finite number of people for work items just to keep it manageable.

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:18 PM
Yes, I'm also interested in cooperating. Since my developing skills are 'under construction' I think I'll opt for the roles of:
Ideally at least on other person just interested in the project all the way around.
Someone interested in performing the more formal testing role.

Thys