Staying up-to-date

Topics: Project Management Forum
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2006 at 9:05 PM
I don´t know if everyone already knows this, but I thought of sharing.
I have a hard time being up-to-date with every single blog and article out there, so I found a great tool that keeps track of all RSS feeds and sends me an e-mail whenever a feed changes (including this project´s one!!!). This way I´m always up-to-date with everything.

It is really cool to get e-mail about every change in our project. This way I´m always aware if something is happening (forum posts, workitem creations, closings, wiki creations, editings and closings!)

The tool is Squeet.com :)

Hope it helps,
Bernardo Heynemann
Developer
Jun 26, 2006 at 9:43 PM
I'm the same way. I've been using the SharpReader RSS aggregator to keep up with posts on the MSDN Forums, blogs and Vertigo (I just like saying that - Vertigo!). The nice part of SharpReader is that it pops up a small window like Outlook 2003 when it finds new entries on subscribed feeds. I'll have to look into Squeet.com to see if I like that one better.

Ah..so many toys so little time...

-Steve
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2006 at 10:37 PM
Yeah, really cool toys hehehe...

The thing I love about squeet is: I AM AN EMAIL MANIAC :)

And I use heavily gmail. Just because I LOVE THE GMAIL NOTIFIER! It´s the greatest tool ever. And when I need to search for one of the old messages I use google-like query.

So with Squeet + Gmail Notifier I get the same functionality as SharpReader, with the added benefit of searching and automatic labeling the feeds as "Blogs" or "Source Code Version Tree Browser" :)

It´s reallyyyyyyyyyy cool! :)

See yall,
Bernardo Heynemann