Question regarding Strong Names

Topics: Developer Forum
Developer
Aug 1, 2006 at 3:42 PM
I was just trying to create a user control in the controls namespace and use it in the VTree project.

Updated the references to point to the new versions, and created a new user control to reference the FlowChart control.

When I try and run it I get the error:

Could not load file or assembly 'CodePlex.Vertigo.Controls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79fe4b0cb12744b2' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)

Guessing this is something to do with it having a strong name. Not sure how to fix it tho? Never used strong names before...

A point in the right direction would be great!

Cheers

Ben
Developer
Aug 1, 2006 at 4:19 PM
Should really read the SCM more :)

All works now, do you want me to check it in and assoicated it with the Quick UI?? It isn't anything special, but works...
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2006 at 4:21 AM
Add that baby in.
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2006 at 4:41 AM
All,

Please ensure you provide a useful comment on your checkins so we can quickly tell what was or is affected.

Developer
Aug 3, 2006 at 1:04 PM
Sorry about that :)
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2006 at 3:50 PM
Ben, Please go back to the changesets you made that have no comments and maintenance the comment field to put in an appriopriate check-in comment.

All,

In fact. Everyone please check for any changesets by you and if a check-in comment is missing if you know what the check-in was about please modify the changeset to indicate the check-in comment.

Thanks.