Diagramming

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2006 at 11:55 PM
I've been fooling around a lot the last few days with the diagramming tools. I have definately run into some issues with expected behavior in MindFusion versus actual behavior and at least one significant issue. Also I have been working with the various flavors of Netron digramming framework: Netron Light (no I didn't misspell it- for some reason that is how they spell it), Netron Core, and Netron Lithium. The Lithium version was new to me came v ia cytiburon (Jason's) mention. I have yet to find a downside to the Netron code especially since it is open source and we could extend it in ways that makes sense for our project.

I'd like everyone to take a look at the netron diagramming tools I will provide in the following post and let me know your thoughts. The questions are:

1. Do you see any undue overhead in Netron code?
  2. Will Netron Light be sufficient or would we need to use Netron Core?
  3. Can you find any overly compelling MidnFusion advantage?

I'm leading toward shifting to Netron in order to have immediate access to the codebase, because it actually seems as powerful or more so. It is open source with a non-viral license.

-Michael
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2006 at 12:06 AM
You can download both Netron Light and Netron Cobalt at the below link:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=169882

The Netron Cobalt has a bunch of other stuff in it what we care about is the Netron.GraphLib and Netron.Core

Netron Light is a trimmed down version of Netron Core and Graphlib.
Developer
Aug 15, 2006 at 6:06 AM
Hi there I have been off the reservation for a couple of days. I downloaded the release and it is looking good!

Apart from the code I had shown you mruminer using the lithium controls I had also evolved this to include branchsets, merges and pending changes, not all of these are represented in the UI yet.