Is the project still alive?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 13, 2007 at 2:28 PM
Just checking if the project is still alive... There has been no release in 6 months, and no notable actvity within the last month... Is there an alternate version tree browser for VSTS - even comercially available?

Cheers
Pete
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2007 at 11:48 AM
In the spirit of what Orson Wells said on behalf of Paul Mason wineries....'We shall release no software before its time'. If you donwload the source and compile you will find significant differences from the last official release. I have not provided an additional release because the changeset viewer is not up to snuff. It should use the smae mechanism and view as is standard across th Visual Studio products. Common UX is important.

So... my recommendation is download the latest code and compile you needn't a release to do that. And if you want something more and faster then get involved.

Mar 14, 2007 at 12:24 PM
OK, well perhaps I will suck and see - I guess my retisence was really due to lack of "perceived" activity. I'll post some feedback when I get up and going

There's no danger of it corrupting our VSTS DB is there? It's a read-only tool - yes?

Pete
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2007 at 4:06 PM
Indeed. This is read only!